Everything Spice Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp. crispy garlic or garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp. crispy shallot or onion flakes
- 1 tbsp. white sesame seed
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seed
- 1 tbsp. poppy seed
- ½ tbsp. flaky salt (Jacobsen’s or Maldon)
Combine all ingredients and mix well, store in a sealed container until ready to use.
- 4 oz. whole milk
- 27 oz. bread flour
- 1.25 oz. sugar
- 0.5 oz. dry active yeast
- 15.5 oz. water (90 F)
- 0.3 oz. salt
- 0.15 oz. diastatic malt powder (optional)
- Whisk sugar and yeast into water and allow to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Add all other dry ingredients to the Kitchen Aid bowl, mixing well.
- Once the liquid mixture has bloomed whisk again and slowly add to the Kitchen Aid bowl with the machine on slow.
- After all of the liquid has been added, use a spatula to scrape doen the sides and mix on medium/medium-low for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When dough ash formed and is smooth remove from the mixer and roll into a tight ball by folding sides underneath into itself.
- Place into a greased (oil or butter) lined bowl and covered with damp kitchen towel.
- Allow dough to proof on the counter until doubled in size. (1.5 to 2 hours)
- Knock down dough, remove from bowl and portion into 12 (3.5.-3.7 oz.) portions.
- Round each portion into a ball (no flour needed) and bench rest for 20 min. covering again with the damp towel.
- Using your index finger and thumb press a hole through the center of the dough ball and stretch evenly to produce bagel shape.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side in a pot of simmering water, ensuring not to overcrowd the pot (bagels should have enough room to float).
- Remove from pot and place on a greased/parchment lined baking sheet, brush with egg wash and add any toppings you would like.
- Bake in a 430° oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool on an oven rack until room temperature.
Let’s get social
Follow us @fairmontcenturyplaza.